The mission of InFocus is to promote and exhibit innovative, thoughtful, and provocative photography created by Alberta’s contemporary image makers.
The call for submissions is open to professionals, armatures and students alike. We want to see forward thinking photography that capitalizes on the strengths and subtleties of the medium and takes image-making to a new level. The goal is to exhibit the best photography from the province!
Here are 15 reasons you should submit to InFocus 2016:
- See your photography hung in DC3 Art Projects, one of Edmonton’s most important artistic hubs.
- Your work will be featured in Exposure Photography Festival, which went province-wide for the first time last year.
- Sell your work during InFocus. The gallery and InFocus Team will encourage art patrons to support photographers and our creative community in this way.
- Network with other photographers and professionals during the festival.
- Participation in an exciting group exhibition is a fun way to kick off 2016.
- Discover other image-makers from across Alberta and find a creative community.
- Have something cool to talk about on Facebook and Twitter other than what you had for breakfast (Although we’re sure it was delicious!).
- Snatch up a volunteer opportunity with InFocus Exhibit 2016 to gain experience mounting and running an exhibition.
- Attend a rockin’ reception party on Thursday, February 4, 2015 (7-10pm) with live music, wine and yummy snacks (and invite your family and friends!).
- Have your work discussed for its merits and inclusion in the show during the Curator Talk on Thursday, February 4, 2015 at 7:30pm in the gallery.
- It’s easy to submit your work online through our no fuss submission form.
- Each photographer’s Artist Statement and CV will be displayed at the exhibit to educate the visitors about your work.
- Have a lasting keepsake in the printed InFocus Photo Exhibit program with each photographer featured.
- If you entered before October 18, you have the chance to have one of your images featured in the Exposure Photography Festival magazine-style catalogue to represent InFocus!
- Photography is awesome!
Submit to InFocus Photo Exhibit by clicking here. Deadline October 31, 2015!
Follow InFocus Photo on Twitter.