Spring Fun: Parties, Art, and a Game oh my!
Spring is a fun time. I am a big fan of warmer weather, of flowers and green grass and days spent outdoors.
Spring is also a great season of parties, launches, books, travel, sports, calls for submissions, and more!
We just celebrated the launch of “Open Spaces” exhibition with a fun party! “Open Spaces” is a contemporary landscape exhibition featuring international photographers, painters, mixed-media artists, and illustrators. The show is held at the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel, who set up some fun lights for the opening. The show is up until the end of May, 2019, and all artwork is for sale.
Here is more info about the show:
As you can see in the image above, there is another call for submissions open for entries right now.
The sculpture call for submissions has its EARLY DEADLINE ON MONDAY, APRIL 15.
As curator, I am looking for standing sculpture, sculpture that can be placed on a plinth, and wall-wall based sculptural art and relief. 2-D images of sculpture (like drawings and paintings) are welcome too.
All mediums are accepted, including but not limited to: clay, glass, wood, metal, relief, statues, figurative and abstract work, found objects, assemblage, environmental and installation art.
EXPECTING SUNSHINE GAME!
Do you like playing games?
Especially games with amazing prizes?
I love games! The anticipation of the next move. The strategy. The laughs shared in social gatherings.
Well, I’ve got a game I want to share with you—and you can start playing NOW!
The 2nd Edition of Expecting Sunshine memoir is live for pre-orders. To celebrate the book’s imminent release—May 21—I’m running a pre-sale GAME!
WIN A SWEET
HOW TO PLAY:
- COVER REVEAL GAME IS ON NOW!
- Pre-order EXPECTING SUNSHINE MEMOIR – 2ND EDITION– Order by clicking these links:
- Email proof of purchase to email@example.com
- 9 Days of Giveaways starting on Monday, April 15 through to Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- One winner will be chosen from the pre-orders per day!!
- The winner chooses one door on the Cover Reveal Game graphic
- That door will open to reveal a part of the book cover AND that winner’s prize of aMEGA GIFT GOODIE BOX!Each box is different and filled with books, gifts, and more!
- Winners are encouraged to share photos of their prize on social media using the hashtags #expectingsunshine #alexismariechuteAND tag on Instagram @alexismariechuteand on Twitter @_Alexis_Marie
- The more books you pre-order, the more chances of winning!
- Share the game with your friends and get them in on the fun!
- Bonus: LEAVE A BOOK REVIEW! Reviews make a huge difference for authors! My goal is to receive 100 honest reviews. Please help me on this mission of helping bereaved families and those that support them. Review on Amazon.com + Amazon.ca + Goodreads.
WHY PRE-ORDER EXPECTING SUNSHINE:
Recently, a reader emailed me after she read Expecting Sunshine. Here is what she wrote:
I just finished your beautiful book “Expecting Sunshine” and felt compelled to reach out and say thank you.
A few days after I found out I miscarried, a few days before my D&C, I went to Barnes & Noble in hopes of finding a guidebook or self-help book of how to heal and cope with miscarriage or loss of a child. I searched every feasible location: self-help, psychology, family planning, childcare. With tears in my eyes I was too embarrassed to ask anyone at the counter for help. There I was already utterly heartbroken and feeling more alone than ever. Not a single book for me to turn to. I pulled out my phone, googled “books about miscarriage” and found your book and ordered it on the spot.
It must not have been easy for you and your family to share your story, but I hope you know what an impact you’ve had on me and likely so many other women.
You’ve given me so much hope for my year ahead.
–Katie Rhodes, Oakland, California
You can visit the “Game” page on my website by visiting www.AlexisMarieChute.com/game
Here are some photo examples of the prize goodie boxes that will be mailed to you you—just in time for a gift for Mother’s Day or to treat yourself!!
Thanks for reading!