48 Minutes long
– An excellent hope-filled resource to support personal grief, healing and self-care.
– NOTE: This is the Personal Edition. The definition of Personal Use excludes group screenings of all kinds. All rights reserved by the filmmaker.
– This is a hard copy DVD. Please allow for 2-3 weeks shipping.
MORE ABOUT THE FILM:
Expecting Sunshine Documentary brings to life the award-winning, bestselling memoir by author/filmmaker Alexis Marie Chute, called Expecting Sunshine: A Journey of Grief, Healing and Pregnancy After Loss. The film welcomes viewers into an intimate experience of an actual subsequent pregnancy of the filmmaker following the death of her newborn son, Zachary, at birth from a cardiac tumor. The documentary brings viewers along on real-life medical appointments, introduces them to other bereaved parents and medical professionals through thought-provoking interviews, right through to the delivery room where Chute welcomes her “rainbow baby,” the name given by bereaved parents to their child(ren) born after their loss.
The film is not a sterile or sentimental expose, but is instead a collaborative and culturally relevant work of art. The filmmaker exposes unseen emotional and psychological challenges, curating them into an artistic presentation that lives on in the minds of viewers long after. With poignant narration about the grief and healing journey, the documentary casts fresh light on a private and isolating experience, bringing hope and support.
Filmmaker Alexis Marie Chute is a bestselling, multi-award-winning author, artist, filmmaker, and public speaker.
FILM AWARDS for EXPECTING SUNSHINE DOCUMENTARY:
- Audience Choice Best Film 2018, Central Alberta Film Festival
- Shortlisted for Best Documentary Feature, Central Alberta Film Festival
- Semi-Finalist, International New York Film Festival
- Semi-Finalist, Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards
- Finalist, US Hollywood International Golden Film Award
- Finalist, International Women’s Film Festival
FILM FESTIVAL SCREENINGS TO DATE:
- Amsterdam International Filmmakers Festival, The Netherlands
- Central Alberta Film Festival, Red Deer, Alberta, CAN
- Arizona International Film Festival, Tucson, AZ, USA
- PLIDA International Perinatal Bereavement Conference, St. Louis, MO, USA
- International Conference on Stillbirth, SIDS and Infant Survival, Glasgow, UK
- Platform Film Festival, Brooklyn, New York, USA