New Years Resolutions Update : )
Celebrate International Women’s Day
Order from now until March 13, 2019, midnight, to get your FREE GIFT!
I believe in the importance of women’s stories & books with strong female characters!
Calgary Screening of Expecting Sunshine Documentary
Sunday, March 10, 2019
The Plaza Theatre, 1133 Kensington Road NW, Calgary, AB, CAN
Doors open: 3 pm, Screening: 3:30 pm, Filmmaker Q&A: 4:30 pm
(If you can’t make it to the screening, consider ordering the film on DVD. Click here.)
Call for Submissions!
The CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS for Fashion + Art has its EXTENDED DEADLINE Monday, March 11.
All styles of work are welcome, from fashion design, actual garments, conceptual clothing, fashion focused paintings, drawing, photography, mixed media, and fashion illustration. Experimental art forms too!
If you know someone who needs to know about the call for submissions, please forward this info to them. Thanks!
Submission form here:
Fashion + Art Deadline:
Extended Deadline: March 11, 2019
June & July 2019, the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel
Landscape Exhibit Opening PARTY!!
“Open Spaces” is the next exhibition I have curated as Curator in Residence at the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel. It will be on show April and May 2019. Please join me for the opening party on Friday, April 5, 7:00 – 9:00 PM!
I set a lot of big New Year’s resolutions for myself in January. I have been working hard ever since and am happily *MOSTLY* on schedule.
Here’s my progress report : )
- 20,000+ words into the final book in The 8th Island Trilogy, called Inside the Sun. The novel will hit bookstore shelves everywhere April 2020.
- Finished editing book two in the trilogy, Below the Moon. Cover reveal fun coming soon! The novel will be released October 2019!
- Finishing the 2nd Edition of Expecting Sunshine: A Journey of Grief, Healing and Pregnancy After Loss. This edition has a bonus chapter I co-wrote with my husband Aaron from his perspective on a challenging time after our loss, + group discussion questions, Q&A with the author, and support resources! The book will be available before Mother’s Day!
- Launched the fifth installment of InFocus Photo Exhibit & Awards! The show is on till the end of March at the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel, so it’s not too late to be inspired by AMAZING Canadian photography.
- I’m in the painting studio assuming my alter ego, Ella Wellsley from The 8th Island Trilogy, creating illustrations for the books. This is fun and relaxing for me, believe it or not!
How are your New Year’s resolutions coming along?
Are you still feeling pumped?
Or have you fallen off the horse, like I have with exercise (boo)!
I believe in goals. Goal setting, aka DREAMING, is fun and gives us guidance, purpose and passion. Even if we are not totally successful, life is a journey and all we need to do is head in the right direction.
Thanks for reading! I appreciate connecting with you and having you a part of my community.
With BIG gratitude,