The deadline to enter your photography to PhotoEd Platform is tomorrow – Friday, November 18! This is a unique opportunity for Canadian photographers. I am passionate about the creative community in this country, and I’m proud to be a jury member for PhotoEd Platform.
Here is a little about PhotoEd Platform:
The PhotoEd Platform project is a new, and innovative extension of a traditional print publication that will build on the editorial mandate of PhotoEd magazine; to promote and inspire new Canadian contemporary photography production and dialogue.
Here is a little description about the theme:
Images accepted by the Jury will become part of the premiere collection on the PhotoEd Platform titled ‘Nourish’. Jury members list can be found at: www.photoed.ca. Photographers may submit up to 5 images for consideration.
Submit images that NOURISH.
Share what nourishes the body, mind and spirit. This theme allows photographers to share their creative interpretations on what nourishment means to them as creatives.
Consider the connections viewers will have with this theme, and how sharing your work in this context will literally and directly promote the facilitation of nutritional aid within your communities.
How the photographs will be promoted:
Images in the collection will be available for public sale on the platform as:
- High-res images available for commercial license. Images are available for commercial/ editorial use. License fees will vary according to usage. Profits from commercial license sales are divided equally between the PhotoEd Platform & the artist.
- High quality 11x14inch fine art prints. (estimated price $100.) Profits from print sales are divided equally between the PhotoEd Platform & the artist.
- Low-res digital images for PERSONAL use as desktop/ mobile wallpaper. 100% of the profits from these sales will be donated to FOODBANKS CANADA. ($5./ image downloaded)
Here is a full list of the jury/reviewers:
Liz Sullivan / Maclean’s Magazine/ Director of Photography
Natalie MacNamara/ NAMARA represents
Andrew Tolson/ Editor-in-Chief, Video/ Rogers Media, Publishing Division
Raff Melito & Julie Belanger/ Junction Reps & Full Serve Productions
Nuno Silva / Stocksy United
Thomas Bouquin / enRoute Magazine
Adam Snellings / Art Director, Branded Content
Derek Shapton / Westside Studio – Photographer
Dolores Gubasta / KlixPix Photo Agency
Ruth Alves / Art Director
Alexis Marie Chute / Curator
Jean-Francois Proulx / Direction artistique + collaboration graphique
Janetta Dancer/ Art Manager/Simon and Schuster /Publishing – NYC
INFOCUS PHOTO UPDATE:
- The curation process is underway.
- All photographers will hear back from us by the end of November at the latest regarding their submission.
- Many talented photographers entered! We feel incredibly honoured to be able to exhibit and promote the work of so many photographers in our country!
- More updates coming soon.